DPMS GII SASS .308 Win





Video




Recently DPMS Panther Arms–a company known mostly for their budget-friendly AR-15 rifles and .308 AR-10 style platforms–released their GII series of rifles in .308 caliber. The GII promises a host of improvements over previous .308 caliber AR platforms such as weight reduction and increased AR-15 parts compatibility.
These enhancements coupled with the competitive price point make for a very exciting product that we were eager to get our hands on. When DPMS agreed to let us evaluate a couple of their rifles I hit the range to put them through their paces.

The Basics

The GII series of rifles come in six different factory configurations, each designed for different applications. The one that interested me most though was the SASS, which stands for Semi-Automatic Sniper System. Having used various long range semi-automatic rifles extensively as a designated marksman I felt that my experience best suited me to evaluate this particular model.